Transport levy for the box pool
Sivepo launched a pool for multi-use flower boxes in 2002. Unlike plastic flower and plant containers, the return of boxes is subject to an offset limitation.
This offset limit was set up to prevent Royal FloraHolland having to transport large quantities of boxes between locations. With boxes, most changes lead to unacceptably high transport costs.
The levy system has six main elements:
- Transport levy for the box pool applies to packaging codes FC 519 and FC 525
- Boxes must be handed in to the location where they were purchased
- There is no limit to handing in packaging code 519 at Naaldwijk
- In each period, you may hand in a maximum of 250 extra boxes (more than you purchased) at that location at no charge
- The Direct Trade, Buyer-Buyer and Grower-Grower numbers will be used to reduce any excess
- If the difference in a period exceeds 250 items, you will be charged a levy of €0.30 per box
You have an excess of 1,500 FC 519 boxes at Aalsmeer. You deduct from this your Direct Trade transactions and Buyer-Buyer transactions (for example, a total of 1,100) and 250 boxes of leeway. This leaves you with an actual excess of 150 boxes at 30 cents.
We inform every buyer in advance by e-mail if s/he is going to be charged a levy. The money is then collected by Royal FloraHolland through direct debit.
You can request a weekly Box Imbalance Report from Customer Services (free).